7 Sweet Smelling Plants to Freshen Up Your Kitchen
Oh the sweet smell of fresh flowers in a vase on the kitchen table…what is better? But which flowers are the most fragrant and impactful in your indoor space. Here are 10 that we love.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is a smell that is fresh, sweet, and somehow almost perfume-like. It reminds you of the desert and the flowers that bloom there. The plant can be placed in a small or larger pot. We love this smell right near the sink for an added freshness.
- Eucalyptus: This plant opens up the sinuses and lets the fresh, cool
- Corsican Mint: The freshness of mint is always refreshing. It can often act like an air freshener after you make a meal in the kitchen. Don’t be shy about having a bunch of mint around. It will make your air more crisp and inspire in the kitchen. Pull off a couple of leaves and throw them into your meal too! How convenient is that?
- Lavender: The calming scent of lavender is often used in spas so why not your kitchen too? If you need an instant relaxation experience just head into the kitchen and take a deep breath. The gorgeous light purple color of their blooms is just a bonus.
- Lily of the Valley: This gorgeous white flower gives you that traditional floral scent. It has a really fresh scent while also filling the air with a natural aroma. Place this plant next to your sink or dishwasher to ward off any odd smells from food waste.
- Roses: Everything’s coming up roses in your kitchen (at least it should)! Everyone knows how amazing roses smell so just get some in your kitchen already! These are great for the center of a kitchen table or placed on the countertop. Red roses are classic but the beauty of this flower is that there are so many varieties and colors to choose from.
- Gardenia: How to describe the smell of gardenias…it’s heaven! The scent is very powerful so if you aren’t a fan of floral scents that really smell like flowers you’re going to have a hard time with this plant. It is by far one of the best, sweetest smelling plants of all.
So, what kinds of flowers are you going to put in your kitchen? With so many wonderful options, your kitchen is going to be blooming with life!